My name is Phebe Phillips, and this is my blog. You may know me from my past whimsical plush toy line that sold at all Neiman Marcus stores, and other high-end retailers for twenty-five years, or you may know me from the Tweakie P products I produced for all Michael’s Stores, or you may have just found me because of my topic of healthy posts on my blog, FaceBook and Twitter. Either way, you found me! Below is a short bio to help you get to know me, and understand what you can expect from my blog.
I live in the top of a high rise in Dallas, Texas with my husband, and our silver, standard poodle, Henry. By choice, we did not have children. My husband, Mac Hargrove, grew up on cattle ranches in South Texas. Today, he is a CFP and works in finance with the investment bank, Alex. Brown. We have both eaten a plant-based diet for almost seven years, and have a daily 20-minute meditation practice.
I graduated from Southern Methodist University with a BFA in Film & Journalism, and began my toy company under the brand name, Phebe Phillips when I was in college. In 2010, a government regulation changed my toy business. I also changed by picking myself up, and going back to school for science, which lead to culinary, which leads me to today, and this blog.
I am certified as a Raw Vegan Chef from the Matthew Kenney Academy. I have worked in one of the most famous raw vegan kitchens in the world, The Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center in Patagonia, Arizona under the direction of Dr. Gabriel Cousen’s. While there, I served in the kitchen, and in the Sprout House becoming a master at growing micro-greens and sprouts. Through eCornell and the work of Dr. T. Colin Campbell, author of The China Study, I learned about plant-based nutrition. I attend seminars, and study closely with both Dr(s). Campbell and Caldwell Esselstyn, the Cleveland Clinic Cardiologist and author of Reversing Heart Disease and the Engine 2 Diet.
When I returned to school for Science, I fell in love with Biology, MicroBiology, Chemistry and Genetics. After learning how special the human body is, and precious that we are alive, endowed with gifts and inspiration to offer the world, I realized the best way for me to inspire was to apply my newfound science knowledge to food for creating the best fuel for becoming the best-self I can be!
I found that what I put in, and on, my body greatly affected the quality of my life, and my daily meditation practice. The result of all this is the brand new life path mentioned in the above paragraphs. Almost daily, I get asked questions. I hope to speak to those questions through this blog. My favorite saying is, “Simplicity of Life Allows Freedom”.
Currently, 2017, I am working to bring my characters to life using my poetic verse and art illustrations for traditional books and e/iBooks.
I have written more details on my personal website: www.phebephillips.com. Attach below are my credentials and links.
EMAIL ME: firstname.lastname@example.org
A few of the names I have studied with:
- Dr. Gabriel Cousens
- Sandor Katz
- Matthew Kenney
- The Raw Chef, Russell James in London
- John Randolph Price
- Dr. T. Colin Campbell, The China Study and Forks Over Knives
- Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Preventing & Reversing Heart Disease and The Engine 2 Diet
My new path has produced interesting knowledge:
- Science classes, Richland College.
- Certified in Raw Vegan Culinary Arts, Matthew Kenney Academy.
- Plant Based Nutrition Certification, based on the research and book of Dr. T. Colin Campbell, eCornell.
- Dr. Gabriel Cousen’s, Tree of Life Center, Patagonia, Arizona, 2012-ongoing. Working on site March, June, July and August. Studied in-depth process, with Matt Jager for growing micro-greens and sprouts as a Sprout House apprentice.
- Three of the months were spent in The Tree of Life’s Raw Vegan Kitchen preparing food and juices for clients working with Dr. Cousen’s protocol to reverse Type 2 Diabetes.
- Russell James, The Raw Chef. Assisted with food prep on the production of his latest and ongoing video project to promote his upcoming recipe book. London.
- Basic Culinary Skills, El Centro Culinary Arts, Dallas.
- Fermentation Workshop on Wild Fermentation, with Sandor Katz, Woodbury, TN.
- Plant-Stock with Engine 2 and Forks Over Knives, Dr. Esselstyn Family Farm in Claverack, New York with Dr. T. Colin Campbell, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn and Rip Esselstyn.
A Few Extra Links:
What Happened to the Toys: http://www.phebephillips.com/toys/
More detail about Phebe: http://www.phebephillips.com/about/
Phebe’s Commencement Address to Texas Woman’s University in 2010 to 3000 people, the topic: Everything IS Perfect, I Changed: http://www.phebephillips.com/twu-commencement-address/
Scroll through here to see some of my books and illustrations. My toy characters are coming back to life through my poetic verse and illustrations. Watch for my first picture book titled, Why Me? Poetic Verse for Loss and Sadness. http://www.phebephillips.com/books/
In 2010, I created the plush character Piper the Puppy exclusively for the American Red Cross. Currently 8000 Piper’s, and 4000 copies of my book, You’re Loved, But This You Knew are in the world. Piper is sold for a $100. donation each. With 8000 in the world, Piper has raised $800,000 for the ARC. Click this link to see Piper, and read the book. http://www.phebephillips.com/piper/